Monday, 23 March 2015

7 iPhone Apps I Can't Live Without

Like most people these days, I am OBSESSED with my iPhone. I have the iPhone 5C in white. It’s with me 24/7 and I do a lot of my life-organisation on there. I love finding out new apps to try, so these are my Top 6 at the moment.  I get all of my apps from the Apple App Store, but most of these are also available for Android on the Google Play Store. 


1. Instagram

 


This seems like an obvious choice because it seems like everyone and their dog has an account.
It’s a free app and as well as being a photo-sharing platform, there is a decent selection of filters and photo effects to make your pictures stand out. Like Twitter, you can use hashtags to generate more views and get more “likes” on your photos.

Not only are people sharing their personal photos, there are brand accounts, celebrity accounts and fan accounts as well so it’s a good app to scroll through when you’re bored or have a few minutes to spare.

My own account is a mish-mash of selfies, photos of stuff I’ve bought or just anything I may have spotted on my travels. Feel free to follow me on there: @MsMegan91 and I’ll follow you back.

2. Deco-Pic





This one ties in with Instagram. I’ve tried a lot of similar apps to this – but this is the best of the best.

It’s a Japanese photo-editing app with a huge range of filters, frames and stamps to give your photographs a real “Kawaii” feel.  The app is free to download and the free features are regularly updated. There is the option to pay for some additional filters and stamps but I’ve found that the variety of free ones is more than enough.

This isn’t an app for people who prefer a simplistic effect on their photos but if you love customising and putting a creative twist on your pictures, I would definitely recommend it.


3. CocoPPa


CocoPPA is an app mainly used for customising your phone. It offers lots of free wallpapers to download and if you join up to the site, you can submit wallpapers that you’ve designed for others to download. I mainly use this app for wallpapers as I like to change mine quite often and the app is updated daily.

CocoPPa can be used as a tool for creating shortcut icons, basically you can choose new icons for the standard iPhone apps (such as messages and phone etc) and for apps such as Facebook. There are loads to choose from and they do look really cute. The only downside of this is that the icons don’t replace the original app icon, but just makes a second one, and shortcuts it to original. Shortcut icons will no longer work if the apps linked to them are deleted. 

I haven’t gone as far as customising my homescreen with icons just yet, purely because it’s quite time-consuming but I will get there eventually when I have a moment to focus on it.

There have been quite a few rumours online that the app is actually a virus, however I’ve had it on my phone for nearly a year now and haven’t had any problems. Let me know if you’ve experienced any problems with your phone after downloading CocoPPa.
This app is also available on Android and as far as I’m aware – all of the features work on Android phones.

Overall it’s a really good app and customised phones look amazing, it’s just very time-consuming.

4. AllWomensTalk




I’m just going to come out with it, I LOVE this app. Despite the rather sexist and gender-binary name, it is honestly one of the best apps I have on my phone.

The app is full of articles under 26 topics including Bags, Beauty, Celebrities, Cooking, Diet, DIY, Fashion, Food, Gardening, Hair, Health, Jewellery, Lifestyle, Love, Make-up, Money, Movies, Nails, Paranormal, Parenting, Perfumes, Shoes, Skincare, Travel, Wedding, Weight loss. There really is something for everyone.

The app is updated daily so there is always new content every time you look and it’s all very easy to navigate. The articles are short but super-informative and interesting, perfect when you have a few minutes to spare.

I read a lot of the life-hacks and makeup articles as there are some brilliant tips on there that I’ve never seen anywhere else.

You can also make a profile on the site to share your favourite articles, or just leave your own comments to the writer.




5. On Air


This one is a TV Guide app with a difference. You can create your own TV guide using only channels that you watch so you don't have to sift through channels that don't interest you.

Its quite basic and easy to use but very handy when you want to check what's on while you're on the go.

6. Deezer




Deezer is an alternative to Spotify. I got unlimited access to Deezer as part of my phone contract so I use it all the time instead of importing my iTunes library onto m phone and using loads of memory on music storage.

I love Deezer because you can sync your playlists into "offline mode" so you can listen to your songs when you're not connected to the Internet without actually downloading the songs. Also, songs get put onto Deezer immediately on release - unlike Spotify where you may have to wait a few days or weeks.

Where a lot of people would use the likes of YouTube to discover new music - I like to use Deezers "recommended" feature as it chooses songs and albums based on the artists you listen to most.

7. Coletto Calendar



This is another Japanese app. It's also very simple and self-explanatory, It's just a cute/Kawaii version of the standard iPhone calendar. You can add and colour-code all of your events and appointments and set notifications as you would on the regular app.

If there are any apps that you love and think should be on this list, comment below or send me a tweet on @MsMegan91 .

In the future I am thinking about making a "What's On My iPhone?" post and maybe a iPhone 5C case collection. Comment below or send me a tweet if you would be interested in seeing either of these!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment