Saturday, 11 April 2015

Review - Younique Moodstruck 3D Fibre Lashes

I cannot praise this mascara enough - it's so under-rated and I don't understand why everyone doesn't own Younique's Moodstruck 3D Fibre Lashes.

I was so sceptical about trying this product because it's one of those products where you see the "before" and "after" photographs and think "yeah right, those are fake lashes"  but I was so happy to be proven wrong.

I've always found it really difficult to find a mascara that gives my eyelashes extra length and volume without looking clumpy and spider-like. But now I think I've found the answer!

The product comes in a lovely elegant black case and contains two mascara tubes. The first is a black gel and the second is the fibres. I really like that the gel is black - many similar products use a white gel, which makes it really easy to tell if you miss a lash. Don't be put off by the fibres, I thought they were going to end up looking like eyeshadow fall-out but they stay in place really well.

Here's how it works:

1. Curl your lashes and apply one coat of your regular mascara (my go-to is Perversion by Urban Decay but any will do!)

2. Apply one coat of the Younique gel.

3. Before the gel dries, add one coat of the fibres.

4. Apply another coat of the Younique gel to set the fibres in place.

You can repeat steps 2-3 two or three times if you want to create a more dramatic false-lash effect, but I found that just one coat is enough to create visibly longer and thicker lashes. The four-step technique may add a little extra time to your daily make-up routine but the results are worth it.

TOP TIP - Do not apply the Fibres too close to the root of your eyelashes as they are more likely to irritate your eyes.

When it comes to removing it - use your regular eye make-up remover, it comes off just the same.




These are my before and after photographs - in the first one I am wearing no make-up at all, the second is my eyes after I have finished applying the Younique 3D Fibre Lashes - the difference is obvious! I know the first photo is very poor quality but you can clearly see that I have no natural lashes!

You can't buy this product in-store at the moment but you can order it from the Younique website (see below) for £23.00, which may seem a little pricey but you will save a tonne on constantly replacing drugstore mascaras or buying fake lashes which only last a few wears (if that!) I would recommend this product to anyone.

https://www.youniqueproducts.com


I haven't tried any other Younique products as yet, but if you have, comment down below or tweet me @MsMegan91 and let me know which ones you've tried and if they're as good as these lashes!


No comments:

Post a Comment