Sunday, 31 May 2015

My May Favourites

This is a post I've been wanting to do for a while, not all of the products are new releases - just ones that I have been using a lot this month. As always if you have any suggestions for products I might like or if you have any more questions about products I've already reviewed - leave a comment below or tweet me @MsMegan91 .

1. FRAGRANCE : Victoria's Secret Fragrance Mist in "Mango Temptation"




Mango is my all-time favourite scent so I fell in love with this right away. I picked this up in the Amsterdam Victoria's Secret for around €14.00 . The thing I love most about this spray is that you only really need a little bit to get a really strong scent - so this product lasts FOREVER. Which is great when you live in the UK and don't have Victoria's Secret on your doorstep. A top tip is to hang up your clothes while they're still damp and spray - the smell clings to the fabric so you will smell even more amazing for longer. I will definitely re-purchase when mine eventually runs out. 


2. BODY PRODUCT  - Soap and Glory "The Righteous Body Butter"




I got this as part of a "Soap and Glory" set that I got for Christmas. It makes your skin feel amazing and super soft. I use this in the evenings right after a shower and when I wake up, I can still smell it. I've seen a lot of people complain that the scent is too strong - but if you're like me and love florals, it's great. I go through a tub very quickly and it costs £10.50 to buy on its own which makes me a bit reluctant to repurchase frequently.



3. MOISTURISER - Possibility "Raspberry Pavlova" Hand Cream





I got this for 79p in Savers because I couldn't resist the smell. It lingers for quite a while so you don't have to keep constantly reapplying. I love that the packaging has the recipe for a real Raspberry Pavlova on the front. Granted it's not the best moisturiser in the world but given the price - it can't be expected. 

4. MAKEUP PRODUCT - MAC "Candy Yum Yum" Lipstick



Anyone who knows me will know I'm obsessed with MAC lipsticks so it has pained me to choose just one to feature but this is the one I wear most often. This lipstick is best teamed up with the specially made "Candy Yum Yum" lipliner - it's such a bright shade it would be near to impossible to find another one to go with it. As you can see it's very matte - which I love but I would recommend moisturising your lips before application as matter lipsticks can be quite drying. I put on my lipstick at about 7:45 every morning and when I get home from work it's still on and even for a few hours after that. Like with Ruby Woo, it has blue undertones which make your teeth look white where other pinks might make them look a bit discoloured. I would 100% recommend this shade to anyone who loves long-lasting bright lip colour! 

5.  CLOTHING WEBSITE - everything5pounds.com

Me and my mum are obsessed with this site at the moment - because it does exactly what it says on the tin, everything costs £5.00.  I love that for £25.00 you can get 5 items whereas on the high street you could be paying that much for one. The clothes are surprisingly good quality but we've learn to always order one size up as the sizes tend to be small. You can get anything from dresses, tops, trousers, shoes, bags, accessories - you name it, they've got it! Postage goes by weight so it works out more worthwhile to buy a few things and everything I have ordered has come within a few days. Updated daily so definitely worth checking out.


6. CLOTHING ITEM - Pink Top £5.99 at NV (Rushmere Store, Craigavon)





This top may not look like much but I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I've already got my wear out of it. It's a beautiful pastel pink which is perfect for summer. I've been wearing it with skirts and huge statement necklaces but I think it could look amazing with trousers and a blazer. I especially love the cloud-like trimming around all the edges. I actually ended up going back to the shop last weekend and bought the same top in mint.


7. ALBUM  - We Are by Lucy Spraggan



Photo from Lucy's Twitter (@LSpraggan)

I went to see Lucy live in the Limelight (Belfast) last week and ended up buying a copy of her new album after the show. She is still on tour so if she's going to be near you in the next few weeks, it's an unmissable gig. She's got such a gift for songwriting from the heartbreaking story told in "The Postman" to the very funny "IOU" (which apparently was about a very clingy girl she met on Tinder!)  It's a more mature sound than her previous album "Join the Club" but it's distinctively Lucy. 


8. TV SHOW - Faking It (MTV)


I managed to binge-watch the whole first season in one night - that's how good it is. Every episode is about 22 minutes long which is perfect for someone like me with a short attention span! It covers such a wide range of issues faced by young people that it almost reminds me of South of Nowhere (RIP - brilliant show, google it!)  The show centres around a high school in Texas. After many failed attempts to stand out, Karma and her best friend Amy Raudenfeld are invited to a house party by a friend who is under the impression that the girls are a lesbian couple. At the party they are subsequently outed as the school's first lesbian couple and accidently end up nominated for homecoming Queens. They decided to carry on "Faking It" as their new found social status is helping Karma to attracts the attention of her crush Liam Booker but Amy becomes aware of her growing romantic feelings for Karma. she might not be "faking it" after all.

Something I absolutely love about this show is that it touches upon the issue of being born intersex - which is not something I've ever seen in a TV show before. Kudos MTV - long may it be renewed.





So that was my favourites for the month of May! Share with me some of yours on Twitter  @MsMegan91 or leave me a comment below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment