Tuesday, 29 September 2015

My September Favourites and a BIG announcement!

I have neglected this blog so much lately but I have a decent excuse this time! Follow through to the end of this post to find out what's been going on! But before that, September is nearly over (no idea where it went!) so I thought it was about time I shared some of my favourite beauty products for this month!


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water




First up is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. All of the big skincare brands seem to be bringing out their own Micellar Water products at the moment. I've been using this as my main make-up remover for a good few weeks now and as you can see, I've used up hardly any of it, so a little bit goes a long way! Unlike some make-up wipes and make-up removers, the Micellar Water leaves your skin feeling fresh and hydrated. And it's perfume free, so those of you with sensitive skin should be able to use it without irritation! Talking percentages, I'd say it removes about 95% of my makeup, I only have to go in quickly with an eye-makeup remover to take off the last of my mascara so this is definitely something that I would recommend and will be repurchasing !


MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer



Next I have my MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in the shade NW15. I love this concealer because when I'm doing my make-up for nights out and weekends, I LOVE to have a really light under-eye - practically white- and this is perfect. I also use concealer as a highlight on my forehead, nose and chin. I find it really hard to find a concealer that doesn't go cakey around my eyes and make my skin look dry but I think I've found my holy grail product in this. I would be quite prone to getting dark circles under my eyes and they're barely visible after a dab of this!


Stormflower Noir



The next product I'm going to talk about is my new perfume Stormflower Noir by Cheryl. Stormflower is the third fragrance in her collection. I've mentioned the original Stormflower in one of my previous blog posts. This one more musky than sweet and has a distinctly grapefruit-y scent. Apparently there's actually no grapefruit in it, but that's what it smells like to me! I think this one is more "me" than the original and I think if I'm going to re-purchase any of the Stormflower range, it'll be this one.


Make-Up Revolution Awesome Double Flick Thick and Thin Eyeliner



Next is my Make-Up Revolution Awesome Double Flick Thick and Thin Eyeliner. It's a double ended pen which allows you to create thick or thin lines. I've said before on this blog that I am TERRIBLE at applying eyeliner but even I can do a decent attempt at a cat eye with this product! It's long lasting but it comes off pretty easily with a decent make-up remover (unlike the Seventeen Tattoo Me Liquid Liner I had been using previously - nightmare!) It's another total bargain from Make-Up Revolution coming in at a cheap as chips £3.50.



Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit



The penultimate product in my list for this month is the Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit. It consists of two powders designed to create the perfect contour. Confession time, I only use the dark powder as I prefer to use concealer to highlight my face but the dark colour is enough to carry it into my favourites. The light one doesn't have any "highlighting" qualities, it's basically a setting powder. Nonetheless, it's a really good for those who are just starting out with contouring!


MAC Blusher - Dollymix



Last but not least I have my MAC blusher in the shade Dollymix. This is the first MAC blusher I ever bought but it's the one I keep going back to. It's a lot less scary than it looks - whilst its pigmented it's not as intense as it is at first glace. It gives a lovely pink flush to your cheeks (obviously when applied with a light hand) and even a bit of a glow. You get 6 grams of product and I swear it will last forever. I've had mine for months and with almost daily use I'm not even close to hitting pan.



ANDDDD MY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT IS....


And now the bit everyone has been waiting for... (and probably the reason a lot of you have clicked on this post - let's be honest!) I'M STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL! I've been watching beauty vloggers for years and I've finally decided to try it myself. I've spent the last couple of weeks and all my spare time learning about my camera, how to shoot and edit videos in a semi-professional way. At the moment I can't give a date as to when my channel is going to go live because I quite simply don't know. I'm really excited to get started properly but at the same time I don't want to put out half-arsed videos for the sake of it. But please know that I am working on it, I've done a few test videos and I'm currently trying to iron out any film/sound issues I'm coming up against.

Until then, I'll still  be posting on here as much as I can so bear with me and I'll try and make it worth the wait!  As always, let me know your favourite products for this month by leaving a comment below or tweeting me at @MsMegan91 !

xo

r>

No comments:

Post a Comment