Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Cohorted Beauty Box - October 2015



This month I got my first ever beauty box by Cohorted. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for months but the box has been sold out by the time I’ve got my pre-order in. This one isn't a subscription service, you literally have to fight for your box each month! Cohorted has become extremely popular over the last year due to the price of the box and the fact that you get 5 full sized, high end products in each one. Beauty boxes are a great way to add some higher end products to your collection without breaking the bank.




My box cost £19.99 and holds a retail value of £65.99 so you're only paying about 1/3 of the price of buying each product individually. The packaging is beautiful. The box is tied by a ribbon and full of black paper shreddings which the products are ever so slightly buried under. I'm a sucker for packaging so this ticked all the boxes for me.


I really like this card that comes with it, it explains everything that's in the box and outlines the retail value of each products. I was really impressed that a few of the products on their own nearly cost the same as the box itself!

Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser

 


I had never used Bare Minerals products before so I was very excited to try this one out. And I was not disappointed! This cleanser is so gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling soft and hydrated. It's really good for taking off excess make-up too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with dry or sensitive skin as my skin always acts out with new skincare products but with this one, so far so good!


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Hypnotist 



At first glance, this lipgloss looks super-scary. It leaves a peachy tint to your lips and because it's holographic, it shifts to slightly gold in the right light. It's quite long-lasting too. I don't usually wear lipgloss on its own, so I paired it with MAC's Candy Yum Yum lipstick (matte hot pink shade) and it looked amazing. It has a tingly feel which ever so slightly plumps your lips and it has a minty taste. 


Ciate Nail Varnish in Serendipity



I love this because it's so Christmassy. It takes about 3 coats to get full nail coverage but once it's on, it's on. It can equally be used as a top coat, especially against black varnish to give a look a bit of sparkle!



Bare Minerals Purely Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin



I was dubious about this one, because it looks like it has the same texture as my least favourite skincare product, Nivea Creme. However, once this is on your skin, it sinks in like a dream and leaves your skin feeling really soft. I thought it was a bit risky putting a product for dry skin in a beauty box, as obviously that doesn't cater for everyone, I just struck lucky because I do tend to have dry skin!



Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Mascara


I was really pleased to receive this product because mascara is something that you're always going to need. I know you shouldn't open mascara before you intend to use it in case it dries out, but curiosity got the better of me this time as this is a brand that I had never heard of, let alone used before. I found this mascara lengthens and separates my lashes really well, no clumping here! It lasts all day and has a brush similar to my trusty Seventeen Falsifeye mascara. It's long-wearing, smudge-proof AND it gives a lovely curl to your lashes.



Overall, I think I will get use of all the products in my box. Personally, I would've liked 5 items from 5 different brands (as you can see, 3 of the products were from Bare Minerals) and perhaps just one skincare item. But for that price, I can't be too picky.

Unfortunately, this was the last non-subscription box from Cohorted. They have now launched a number of new subscription boxes including specific hair and skin care boxes. These are going to cost £35.99 which is pretty pricey but it would appear that they're going to increase the retail value of each box to semi-compensate. I'm going to wait and see what products are in the first few boxes before I commit to such a large monthly spend. 

If you have any beauty box recommendations, please leave a comment below or tweet me @MsMegan91 . Also let me know what you think of the Cohorted October box if you got it and if you're going to be joining their subscription service.


No comments:

Post a Comment