Sunday, 1 November 2015

Benefit Cosmetics Appreciation Post

I had a really good shopping experience last weekend at the Benefit Cosmetics counter in Menarys, Bangor. I hadn't had a lot of experience with Benefit products beyond the "They're Real" mascara which I had tried when it was first released.

My friend bought me the "Real Cheeky Party" palette/make-up kit (which I'll talk about later) and I was super impressed with it so I thought I'd try something else from their range.

I went into the store looking for a new foundation. The girls at the counter were so lovely and offered to do my foundation in full so they could match up my skin to a shade. I've got to say, they did my makeup beautifully and while they were applying it they were talking to me in detail about each of the products they were using and I was really impressed with how much they knew about each one. 



We had been talking a bit about eyebrows and the sales assistant offered to show me one of their eyebrow kits. Not only did she do my brows amazingly well, she took the time to show me her technique so I could re-create the look at home.


 


I ended up buying the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in the shade " I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory"
and Brow Zings in the shade "Light."  For someone who isn't really into brows, I LOVE Brow Zings. Initially I was put off by the price (£24.50) but after first use, it becomes clear that it's worth the price tag. It comes with a shaping/tinting wax which you apply first and then a powder to fill in the gaps. Also included in the kit is a mini hard-angled brush for shaping, a mini blending brush to apply the powder and some adorable little tweezers to get rid of any stray hairs. 

The girls at the counter were in no way "pushy" and I didn't feel obliged to buy the products, which I have found to happen at other counters. Basically, I had a great experience at Benefit in Bangor and I would recommend them to anyone.


Mini Review - "A Real Cheeky Party"




This a limited edition kit for the Holiday Season 2015. The set contains 4 of their best selling blushes: Dandelion, Rockateur, Sugarbomb and Coralista together with their uber-famous Hoola bronzer and Watts Up cream highlighter. I've found the bronzer really great for contouring and the variety of different blush tones means that there's one for every look. 

As per all Benefit products, the packaging is gorgeous and extremely sturdy (strong tin with magnetic closure) so I wouldn't be worried about taking this one on the go. As I said earlier, this was bought for me as gift but the retail value is £29.50. All of the blushes and the bronzer are full-sized so this kit is well worth the money as to buy a blush or the Hoola bronzer individually, it's £23.50!

As a bonus, this kit comes with a sample-sized They're Real Mascara and their famous Push-Up Liner, both of which I would be tempted to buy after using them in this kit.

As you know, I'm normally a MAC girl but I think after recent purchases, I'm really glad I was able to branch out and try a different higher end brand!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh I always find the girls in Menary's Benefit lovely! I wanna see a photo of that foundation on!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to Buy foundation Products Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/face/foundation.html

    ReplyDelete