Thursday, 24 December 2015

Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette - Review

I got some money for Christmas from my Grandad so naturally I headed straight for Debenhams. Urban Decay isn't my usual go-to brand but this absolute beauty caught my eye and I couldn't leave it in the shop.

As I don't own any of the other Vice palettes, I can't compare them so this is going to be a stand-alone review. If you've used any of them, let me know what you think by commenting below.




Oh my goodness where do I start?! As you can see, even the cardboard box it comes in is gorgeous.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to look like a web or shattered glass, either way it is truly beautiful. The case is made of plastic with a double-layer to give a 3-d effect to the iridescent web/glass. It's slim without being flimsy

It also comes with this travel bag which is an absolute Godsend as I spend a lot of time out and about and dragging my make-up everywhere with me. I would be devastated if any of my eyeshadows shattered. (RIP Naked 3)







Top Row - Bones, Grip, Deadbeat, Beat Down and Pandemonium

2nd Row - Framed, Fast-Ball, 1985, Underhand and Harlot
3rd Row - Discreet, Grasshopper, C-Note, Artic and Robbery
Bottom Row - Bitter, Flame, Low, Crowbar, Delete


There are 20 eyeshadows in total, 15 shimmers and 5 mattes/neutrals. The names of the shadows are clearly displayed underneath. All of the eyeshadows are exclusive to the Vice 4 palette, so you won't be able to buy them separately or find them in any other Urban Decay palettes.

The mirror is huge, so again, ideal for travel.

The palette comes with a purple double ended brush, one eyeshadow brush and one for blending. As with all Urban Decay brushes, the quality is excellent.

The palette cost £43.00, which is quite pricey compared to the make-up that I usually buy but as it's Christmas I decided to treat myself. I have a few products from Urban Decay and I've always found that quality DOES reflect the price you pay. And if you need further convincing, there's 20 shadows in the palette, which works out at 50p per shadow - not so bad now, right?

My favourite shadows in the palette are Bitter (matte, crease colour), Harlot (sparkly purple) and Flame (sparkly orange) . They are highly pigmented and easy to blend. Some of the shades do produce a bit of fallout but if you apply your eye make-up before your foundation etc, this can be sorted out. 

I would describe it as a "going out" or "holiday" palette, perhaps not so much for day-to-day use.  Also, this palette probably isn't for you if you're not into shimmers or bright colours, but if they're your thing, this palette is the perfect investment. Like all the Vice palettes, it's limited edition so grab it while you can!




No comments:

Post a Comment